Engineering is tasked with ensuring that municipal infrastructure is able to and will in the future deliver quality services to the citizens of Redcliff.
To accomplish this the Department is responsible for the following:
- Reviews and updates the Town of Redcliff Construction Standards (2014)and Town of Redcliff Design Guidelines (2014) , as necessary to follow good engineering practice, keep current with regulations and advances in technology;
- Application, interpretation and enforcement of Town engineering standards;
- Review of all municipal infrastructure projects for compliance with current Town of Redcliff Construction Standards (2014)and Town of Redcliff Design Guidelines (2014);
- Preparation and administration of service and development agreements;
- Municipal infrastructure planning;
- Creation and maintenance of engineering records, engineering models and long term municipal infrastructure improvement plans; and
- Design, tendering and construction of municipal infrastructure capital projects.