The Council is the governing body of the municipal corporation and the custodian of its powers, both legislative and administrative. The Municipal Government Act provides that Councils can only exercise the powers of the municipal corporation in the proper form, either by bylaw or resolution. The councillor’s job is to work with other council members to set the overall direction of the municipality through their role as a policymaker. The policies that Council sets are the guidelines for administration to follow as it does the job of running a municipality. A counsellor will spend a lot of time while on council creating new policies and programs or reviewing the current ones to make sure they are working as they should.
Copies of policies are available at the municipal office for viewing.
If you want to review a policy or if you have a question, please contact the municipal office at 403-548-3618.
Here are some of the most commonly requested policies:
- Budget Policy – Policy 116
- Facilities Use Policy – Policy 048
- Grading Information to be Provided with Development Permit Applications – Policy 133
- Grazing Lease Policy – Policy 032
- Greenhouse Development Policy – Policy 134
- Insurance Claims – Policy 047
- Investment Policy – Policy 023
- Land Sales Policy – Policy 053
- Off-site Levies Policy – Policy 130
- Provision of Town of Redcliff Services to Properties Outside Town Limits – Policy 052
- Public Notification of Meetings – Policy 043
- Public Participation Policy – Policy 137
- Release of Information – Policy 024
- Sanitary Sewer Blockage – Policy 035
- Snow Removal & Street Sanding Policy – Policy 036
- Social Media Policy – Policy 120
- Surface Drainage of Properties – Policy 132
- Sustainable Infrastructure – Policy 059
- Use Of and Work In Road Right-of-Ways In The Town – Policy 131