Redcliff Town Council allocated money for a skatepark in the 2019 budget. An Open House to collect ideas for the skatepark was held on January 16, 2019. Town staff compiled feedback from the Open House, which included:
Top location choices:
- Near the RCMP building
- Between the Pool and Rec-Tangle
- Near the BMX track
Wish List for elements and amenities:
- Drinking fountain
- Not too technical, focus on spaces for beginners/intermediates with only a few expert elements
- Mix of skatepark styles is preferred (i.e. plaza, streetstyle, and bowl)
- Comfort amenities at the park or nearby are important (shade, water, restroom, waste receptacles)
- Incorporate Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) measures to enhance safety (ensure location in visible area, lighting)
The Town released a Request for Supplier Qualifications (RFSQ) for the skatepark on March 13, 2019.
New Line Skateparks has been chosen as the consultant for the design build project. After consultation with the volunteer advisory board, the design has been finalized and construction will begin in the summer of 2020.