June 14, 2021
A public hearing was held regarding Bylaw 1926/2021, being an amendment to the Land Use Bylaw to add Accessory Buildings and Accessory Uses as a Discretionary Use – Development Officer in the P-1 – Park and Recreation District and in the I-2 – Heavy Industrial District. No comments or submissions were made.
The following bylaw was passed by Council:
- Bylaw 1926/2021, being an amendment to the Land Use Bylaw to add Accessory Buildings and Accessory Uses as a Discretionary Use – Development Officer in the P-1 – Park and Recreation District and in the I-2 – Heavy Industrial District
Council determined that the following strategic planning goals will be used in the drafting of the 2022-2026 Strategic Plan, based on feedback from a public consultation survey:
- Infrastructure: The Town of Redcliff has a well-planned, cost efficient, and sustainable infrastructure system that meets the current and future needs of the community.
- Social Environment: The Town of Redcliff fosters an inclusive community through services that support social, recreational, and housing opportunities.
- Economic Development: The Town of Redcliff strives to offer an environment that advances local employment through economic development and diversification.
- Governance and Service Delivery: The Town of Redcliff is effective in governance and public service delivery.
Council approved the Special Event Application for a Whosapalooza Street Dance and Concert for August 27-29, 2021 to coincide with Redcliff Days. It was also determined that a 2021 Canada Day celebration will not take place.
The following policies were considered by Council:
- Policy No. 038 – Purchasing Policy (updated policy)
- Policy No. 045 – Receivables Write Offs – Penalties and Balances (updated policy)
- Policy No. 060 – Charitable Donations Tax Receipts (updated policy)
- Policy No. 112 – Condominium Development Policy (cancelled policy, replaced with a new procedure)
- Policy No. 121 – Council Orientation Policy (cancelled policy, replaced with a new procedure)
- Policy No. 129 – Code of Ethics and Conduct for Employees (updated policy)
Council received the following reports for information:
- A memo regarding the award of the Campground Phase 1 competition to Advance Design & Construction Ltd. with a price of $251,698.90 which includes GST and a 10% contingency
- The Municipal Manager’s Report for June
Lori Skagen was appointed to the Town of Redcliff Library Board with a term to expire on December 31, 2022. Thank you to Ms. Skagen for volunteering!
Past Council Meeting Highlights
- May 25, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- April 26, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- March 22, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- February 22, 2021
- February 8, 2021
- January 25, 2021
- January 11, 2021
- December 14, 2020