The Town of Redcliff provides water, wastewater, and garbage services. Electrical and Gas Distribution, as well as retail supply for the majority of residents and businesses, is provided by the City of Medicine Hat. For information related to electric or gas utilities please contact the City of Medicine Hat.
Meters are read every two months as part of the billing cycle. Your meter is located inside your home, usually in a basement utility room. Higher than normal usage is usually not associated with a faulty meter; however, you may request a meter test by contacting the Corporate Services Department (applicable deposit will apply).
Frequently Asked Questions
Please sign on to utilities at the Town of Redcliff Office two to three days before you take responsibility for a property’s utilities. When you come to the Office to sign on utilities remember to bring identification.
Effectively May 1, 2017, as per Water Rates Bylaw (1833/2016), Garbage Rates Bylaw (1835/2016), and Sewer Rates Bylaw (1839/2016), only the owner of the property can sign on to Town Redcliff utilities. Utility deposits and disconnections are eliminated except for the bulk water service.
For the existing tenants on the Town’s utility accounts, they remain signed on until they move out or become sixty days delinquent on payments.
Utility bills are sent every second month, and should be expected in the third week of January, March, May, July, September and November. For those wishing to receive their utility bills by email please fill out the registration form. General receivables statements and invoices are sent out during the second week of each month.
**If you are concerned you have not received your bill please contact the Town Office at 403-548-3618 to avoid any penalties for late payments.
The following methods of payment are available:
- Preauthorized Payment Plan (Utility PAP), you can apply for it any time during the year if your utility account is at zero balance and in good standing.
- Through My Redcliff. Payments accepted through My Redcliff include Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, and MasterCard Debit
- At the Town Office (1 – 3 Street NE) Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Payments accepted at Town Hall include Visa, MasterCard, Interac (Debit), Cash and Cheque
- Drop Box (24 hours a day) to the right of the front door of the Town Office
- Telebanking or Internet banking
- By mail to Box 40, Redcliff, Alberta, T0J 2P0
Yes, you can prearrange monthly payments through your telephone or internet banking. You can also sign up for the Preauthorized Payment Plan (Utility PAP) which is withdrawn bi-monthly (on the 30th day of the utility billing month). You can apply for the Utility PAP any time during the year if your utility account is at zero balance and in good standing.
A utility sign-on must be completed at the Town office by the property owner. In addition to the application, please bring Government picture ID, and your mailing address.