Legislation and Development Department
Legislation and Development handles a variety of duties, the majority of which are statutory in nature, prescribed by several legislative mechanisms such as the Municipal Government Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) Act and other statutory plans.
This department handles sales of Town-owned properties/land.
Legislation and Development is also tasked with ensuring compliance with the Town’s Municipal Development Plan, Land Use Bylaw, Quality Management Plan (Safety Codes Council), and good engineering practice for municipal infrastructure.
The following services are performed by the department:
- Council administrative support including preparation and maintenance of agendas, minutes, bylaws, and policies
- Legal (in collaboration with the Municipal Manager)
- Municipal insurance and claims
- FOIP requests
- Website maintenance
- Records management
- Land sales
- Processing and review of subdivision and development applications
- Administration of Safety Codes Council permits
- Updates to municipal planning documents
- Administration of service and development agreements